Saturday, March 6, 2021

Part II of Another Edition of This ‘n’ That


Another thing that happened in Jane’s Domain in the past week is that Vince and I got our first COVID immunization.

 

Apparently, some people didn’t show up for their shot and the pharmacy didn’t want them to go to waste. So we beat feet and made it in time to snag the last couple they had available on Tuesday.

 

We’re grateful – especially since I know some people have had a difficult time getting an appointment.

 

I had my injection in my left arm since I’m right handed and Vince had his in his right arm since he’s left handed.

 

We thought that was a smart move…until we realized that my left arm is the one I fell on recently when I slipped on the ice. And Vince? Well, he has been having some trouble with his shoulder. Yes, his right shoulder.

 

Guess you could say we’re a hot mess over here!

 

The first night was fine other than some pain we both experienced at the injection site. We’d heard that would probably happen, so we expected it. And, truthfully, when I saw Vince get his shot I wasn’t surprised. Man, that needle seemed to go in deep!

 

Oh, and maybe it didn’t help when I rolled over in my sleep and whacked Vince smack dab in the upper arm. When he yelped, I woke up and apologized all over myself. Oops!

 

In the morning he was still complaining about the pain, so I must have really gotten him good.

 

Later that second day, though, I was the one who was doing the complaining. OMG. I had chills, I had a low grade fever. And I felt awful.

 

So I covered up in a bajillion blankets and tried to sleep for a bit.

 

The next day I still had muscle and joint pain and a major headache. Frankly, I felt like I did when I had COVID in December.

 

But by Friday, I was fine.  

 

Vince didn’t have as bad a reaction as I did, although he did feel a bit badly the second day. But by Friday, he was fine, too.

 

The nurse who gave us the immunization had told us that people who had COVID within a few months of getting the immunization had more incidents of this sort of reaction after the first shot.

 

So we did. But we’re doing well now.

 

And hopefully as more people get immunized, we’ll start to see our world returning to normal. (Whatever that is.)  I mean, I’d seriously love to ditch the face mask one of these years!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment