Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year, New Possibilities

 


As the clock ticks down the final hour of 2022, I just thought I’d take a moment to say thank you to the many people in my life who have offered support and love during this first full year without my Vince.

 

Even if I haven’t specifically said it, you have made a difference – and I’m grateful to you.

 

I have had moments where I am still fully immersed in my grief as if he had just passed and I wonder why it seems as if I haven’t made any progress on this grief journey whatsoever.

 

And I have also had moments where I’ve experienced the joy that this life holds and I’m thankful to be alive.

 

It is in those moments that I have to remind myself that it’s okay to be joyful. And that Vince would have wanted me to be happy.

 

I didn’t set any specific goals for myself when the calendar changed from 2021 to 2022. I didn’t make any New Year’s Resolutions. And I had no idea what the year would have in store for me.

 

I was still more or less in shock that the love of my life was gone and that I had to go on without him. So it was about all I could do to hang on and make it through the days, weeks and months this year.

 

But now as we head into a brand-new year, I am trying to think positively. I am working on a list of things I’d like to learn and what I can accomplish and ways I can better myself. To propel my life forward.

 

It’s a good feeling. Making plans. Looking forward instead of looking down.

 

Will there be moments I get stuck? Probably. Will there be moments I don’t want to work on myself or my goals? Uh, yeah. I’m sure that will happen.

 


But at this very moment, I’m heading into 2023 with a positive attitude.

 

Wish me success, okay?

 

And I wish the same for you. Happy New Year, my friends. Be well! 

 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in 2023 Jane, I hope you have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete