Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Update


It’s hard to believe the weekend is over already. I swear, it seems only moments ago that it was 5PM on Friday and I was picking up a guy from a downtown alley and driving him home.

And the margaritas we had later were…

…Pardon…?

Oh, you wanted me to clarify that first sentence?

Aw, c’mon. Let me have a little fun, why don’t you?!

Yeah, yeah, okay. This IS me talkin’, after all, and I’d no more pick up a stranger from an alley than I would to try to sneak 13 items in the 12-items-or-less line at Kroger.

The “guy” is a friend who normally takes the bus home from work. But since a group of us had after-work plans to go out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant close to where I live, I offered to give him a ride. His wife, who works close to the restaurant, was meeting us there and she and her husband would then drive home together.

The truth isn’t nearly so intriguing, is it?!

Ah well. We still had fun. And the margaritas were pretty tasty!

I spent Saturday cleaning and shopping. Did the shopping part sound like fun? Yeah, not so much. I was shopping for Vince. And I’ve discovered that buying clothes for men isn’t nearly as much fun as buying stuff for women – and, in particular, buying stuff for me.

I could be dragging myself home from work barely able to hold my head aloft and if someone suggested we go shopping for fun new spring sandals, for example, my eyes would pop open, a big smile would cross my face and I’d perk right the hell up.

And, of course, if that someone were to suggest we use their credit card for any fun new spring sandals purchased, I’d be downright ecstatic. Not that I’d really know what that feels like as this scenario has never happened. But it’s always nice to dream.

Sunday was more shopping, but lest you think I was all perky and stuff, let me just clarify and tell you that we were buying things like yogurt and chicken breasts and romaine lettuce. I don’t know about you, but it’s hard for me to work up much enthusiasm when tossing a loaf of wheat bread in my shopping cart.

But at least the pantry has been replenished. If we hadn’t gone on that particular shopping excursion, we were pretty much lookin’ a can of corn and a box of Triscuit crackers for dinner.

And then we headed to bowling. While my team isn’t in last place, we’re pretty darn close. As there is no chance of moving up in the standings and taking home any trophies for the season, we’re now just bowling for fun. Uh huh. “Fun” is a relative term. When I can’t even break 100, I’m not exactly sure how much fun I’m having. Yikes. Fortunately, I somehow managed to rally and by the third game I bowled something like 170, which is my best score for the year.

And thus ended another exciting weekend.

…oh, wait! I forgot to tell you about cleaning out the kitty litterboxes…!

(Boy, do I need a vacation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment