Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Random Thoughts

Life seems to be really busy lately and I haven’t had a lot of spare time to write many blogs. Considering that’s one of the fun things I do, I’m kind of bummed that I’m not focused more on blogging. Probably I’d need to give up some other activity so I could squeeze in some extra time to compose.

So I vote for no more toilet cleaning. Yeah, I’d happily give up that activity.

Only problem with that plan is that that are no toilet cleaning fairies living in our home and the cats simply refuse to be trained. They’re either afraid of the toilet brush or that infernal Ty-D-Bol man, I’m not sure which. They are, however, mesmerized as they watch the water swirl down the drain whenever we flush.

So, considering I get a little squeamish around nasty toilets, I guess I’ll have to come up with another plan to carve out a little extra time in my schedule.

Meanwhile, I’ve decided to write a blog on random thoughts I’ve had lately:

  1. The checkout lady at Stein-Mart bears a remarkable resemblance to Carol Brady, up to and including the shag haircut. Have the 70s returned and, if so, why wasn’t I notified?
  1. On the other hand, wouldn’t it be funny if that check-out lady has sported that very same look since the 70s? If that’s the case, then, boy, could she ever use some help from that Extreme Makeover show.
  1. The urge to go to the bathroom increases a thousand-fold once you actually arrive anywhere near the facilities.
  1. Going to the grocery store without a list – even if your trip was prompted by tossing out the last empty milk container – means you will probably forget the milk.
  1. Nobody ever notices that you’ve dusted. They only notice when you don’t.
  1. Why is it that I hardly ever like a song the very first time I hear it on the radio – but by the 10th time, I think it’s a catchy tune?
  1. Saying the words, “Work is kind of slow right now” is immediately followed by an avalanche of work dumped unceremoniously on your desk. You even hear the big “Whump” sound.
  1. You should never, ever say the words, “Work is kind of slow right now.”
  1. I swear, three day holiday weekends go by faster than regular weekends. How is this possible?
  1. I can’t remember the last time I bought postage stamps. At some point along the way, I lost track of how much a first class postage stamp costs. For all I know, the book of stamps I currently have stashed in my desk drawer won’t be enough to mail a letter. And I don’t have any 1 cent stamps, either.
  1. You can never really say that the laundry is finished. As soon as you finish the last load, you go take a shower and the clothes you were wearing to wash laundry end up in the dirty clothes basket. I’m always tempted to just throw those clothes away so I don’t have to wash them and the laundry basket can stay empty for just a little while longer.
  1. I didn’t pack a salad for lunch today because I was tired of salads. So what was I craving for lunch? A salad from Max & Erma’s. Why does someone else’s salad always taste better than mine? Or is it just that I’d rather someone else do the chopping and slicing?
  1. I went to the bank the other day and pressed the elevator button for the 14th floor. Except that the bank is really on the 13th floor, because they don’t have a 13th floor. Are we that superstitious and afraid of the number 13 that we’re still numbering buildings without them?
  1. I just took a look at a Labor Day sales flyer I received. Its 50 pt. headline screams: “Absolutely Everything in the Store 40% Off!” And then underneath in small type it says, “Excludes select handbags, jewelry, and…blah, blah, blah.” Do they not understand that “absolutely everything” means there are no exclusions?? (Obviously not.)
  1. Why do these lists always look better when they end at “10”? Or if you have more than 10, then you need to go all the way to 25. But I can’t think of 10 more things. Well, I could. There are lots of random thoughts going on in my head, but if I write them all down, you’ll think I’m weird.
  1. Oops. Too late for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment